The PG Program was started in the year 2009 with team of highly qualified, dedicated and Enthusiastic faculty members as well as with well equipped laboratories. This Programme is having technology and business in a state of flux, speed of thought and competitiveness are the criteria, which separates the best from the rest. In order to equip our students with the most current in this ephemeral technological field we have set up a state-of-the-art laboratory, which is upgraded periodically. We have also added latest topics like Embedded System and Embedded Technology to keep students aware of the recent changes. This helps them a lot when they attend their placement interviews. We surely assured that the student of our department gets more knowledge in various fields mainly in communication field because today this field attained the peak. This objective describes the expected accomplishment of our graduates during the several years following graduation.
Our ECE department provides:
- Good teaching faculties for student interaction in subject as well as other academic activities.
- Good teaching methodologies in theory as well as practical.
- Good lab facilities with advanced processors and installed newly released versions of software.
List of Laboratories
- VLSI and DSP Laboratory
- Optical and Microwave Laboratory
- Microprocessor and Microcontroller Laboratory
- Electronics Laboratory
- Digital Laboratory
PG ECE –COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS LAB
NAME OF THE LABORATORIES
CU9216/ Communication Systems Laboratory I (Odd Semester)
CU9228/ Communication Systems Laboratory II (Even Semester)
LIST OF EXPERIMENTS:
Name of the Laboratory: Communication Systems Laboratory I (Odd Semester)
List of Experiments
- Channel equalizer design using MATLAB (LMS, RLS)
- Transform based compression techniques.
- Antenna Radiation Pattern measurement.
- Transmission line parameters – Measurement using Network Analyser
- Performance Evaluation of digital modulation schemes
- Implementation of Linear and Cyclic Codes.
- OFDM transceiver design using MATLAB
Name of the Laboratory: Communication Systems Laboratory II (Even Semester)
List of Experiments:
- Simulation of Audio and speech compression algorithms
- Simulation of EZW / SPIHT Image coding algorithm.
- Simulation of Microstrip Antennas
- S-parameter estimation of Microwave devices.
- Study of Global Positioning System.
- Performance evaluation of simulated CDMA System.
- Design and testing of a Microstrip coupler.
- Characteristics of λ/4 and λ/2 transmission lines.
- Network Analyser
- Spartan 3 Trainer Kit
- TMS320C5X DSP Trainer Kit
- Network Trainer Kit
- Xilinx software
- MatLab Software